Equipment is one of the important game elements in Anew: The Distant Light. When the game starts, players have the VEST- "Versatile Environment Suit" - a suit, which carries all the needed support systems. The suit also protects the player from the harsh environment. To do this, the VEST needs energy and once that is depleted, the player won't survive.
On their way through the World of Anew: The Distant Light, players can find many new upgrades for their suit. These improvements often significantly change the gameplay or even give access to new locations.
- Power Slide enables a powered slide.
- Jump Boost provides an extra jump while not grounded.
- Active Shielding blocks most kinds of damage while active. Recharges while inactive.
- Climbing Grips enables climbing on most vertical surfaces.
- Swimming Ballast provides neutral buoyancy and swimming in most fluids.
- Jet Pack enables vertical lift for a limited duration. Land to recharge.
- Submersion Jets enables boosted swimming for a limited duration. Exit water to recharge.
- Ignition Device allows piloting various alien vehicles.
- Frozen Core dramatically increases suit passive heat resistance.
- Magnetic Bootsallow walking on magnetized surfaces.
- Time Warp slows the perceived speed of time.
- Gravity Key manipulates gravity for certain locations.